Monday, April 12, 2010

G-Force

Plot: A trained group of guinea pigs are mobilized to stop a billionaire from taking over the world.

Starring: Bill Nighy, Zach Galifianakis, Kelli Garner, Will Arnett & voiced by Sam Rockwell, Jon Favreau, Nicolas Cage, Penélope Cruz, Steve Buscemi, Tracy Morgan.

Review: Such a cute premise that made me laugh during the two minute trailer I saw in the theater. Sooo disappointing. I don't understand how this movie did so well in the theater. Maybe it was the 3D gimmick. I didn't get to see it in 3d because I rented it. Maybe I would've liked it better, but I thought this movie was boring and childish. I understand it's a kids' movie, but usually writers put in stuff for adults to enjoy. These writers didn't. Penelope was my favorite voice over. That's about all I can say for this movie. I hate Tracy Morgan and Zach Galifianakis was wasted in this movie. He's such a comic genius, and he was given nothing. I think this movie would've been funnier if they had concentrated more of the story on these FBI guinea pigs ending up in a pet store. That's a funny story. What a waste of an hour and twenty minutes. Don't even waste it on the kids either.


Rating: Acting-C
Voice Over-C
Writing-D
Directing-A
Music-C
Animation-A
Cinematography-B
Editing-A
Costumes-B
Art Direction-C
Hair-B
Makeup-B
Visual Effects-B Probably would've been an A if I had seen it in 3d.

*Star

2 comments:

  1. The spontaneity and freshness of the write ups is perfect.

    Then send them around and see if someone might not want a Movie Maven Column. Syndication? MAYBE, small newspapers or magazines that can't afford a big name, would like a good column.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh come on it was a good movie

    ReplyDelete