Saturday, September 25, 2010

New Rating System

Old Typewriter
So seeing as how the whole star rating system has been done ad nauseum, I thought I'd come up with my own. Since the name of this blog is Memoirs of a Movie Maven, I thought it fit to come up with ratings that have to do with writing, whether it be tools, puns, plays on words, etc. They have little descriptions with each one. Whatever is in quotations is how it will appear exactly. Here they are from WORST to BEST.

"Rather Stab A Pen In My Eye than ever watch this movie again"- Worst movie rating

"Snailmail"- Long/boring/I fell asleep

"Kinda Like An Inkblot Test-Might be good to some, but I just didn't see it."

"Stamped Out (i.e. cookie cutter, been done before, etc.) so why bother?"

"Not the Brightest Crayon in the Box, but sure is pretty"- style over substance film-looks good but not much else going on

"Dear Diary, I secretly liked this film but, I'll never tell"

"Stamped Out but worth seeing"

"Noteworthy"- Good solid film- not the best rating but a really good rating

"Epic"- amazing bestest film rating ever- got this because the slang word epic comes from Epic Poetry.

Look for these new ratings at the bottom of each post. If anyone out there as any more ideas for ratings, then comment on this post and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment