Monday, March 1, 2010

Paranormal Activity

Plot: A young couple experiences and records paranormal activity in their home.

Review: I was completely impressed with this movie. I was expecting some Blair Witch wannabe, and surprisingly got a well-acted, written, and very scary horror film that I put with the likes of Poltergeist. On a very limited budget, I felt for the characters, I believed them, I jumped quite a few times, and was on the edge of my seat the entire time. I even like both possible endings. On the DVD, there is the theatrical version which I watched first and the director's version with an alternate ending that I watched 2nd. I liked both and would encourage others to watch the theatrical version first and then watch the isolated alternate ending second. I absolutely love it when independent films break through the threshold of limited release to box office money makers. I especially love it when the films actually deserve their success. This film absolutely does.

Awards: Nominated for Independent Spirit Award for Best First Feature

Rating: Acting- A
Writing-A
Directing-A
Music-A
Cinematography-B
Editing-A
Costumes-C
Art Direction-C
Makeup-C
Visual Effects-A

**** Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment