Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Jennifer's Body

Plot-After going off alone with a creepy band, a girl returns hungry for male flesh
Review- I was really excited about this movie because Diablo Cody wrote. She won an Oscar for Juno and created the amazing show “The United States of Tara”. Though this movie had some great dialogue, it just wasn't as funny as it should've been. I attribute that to the editing and to the acting by Megan Fox. Megan Fox, who usually has pretty decent comic timing, just didn't enunciate any of her lines, so it was hard to catch her many clever quips. I found myself running the movie back several times to get some of the lines. Her failure as an actress might have been saved by a decent sound editor and sound mixer. They could've raised the volume during the editing process so you could hear her better. The director also should have recognized her slurring and put a stop to it. It's a shame too because this could've been a great, dark comedy if I could've heard the lines.

**1/2

1 comment:

  1. hmm I heard this movie sucked but after what you said I might just watch it and turn the volume up when megan fox talks. I like megan fox she's pretty good at comedic timing as you said, but I couldn't stand her in transformers 2 at the end when she attempted to cry and shouted i love you in the worst way. It was terrible!

    ReplyDelete