Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Pregnancy Pact (TV)

I just watched an awesomely bad lifetime made for TV movie. I will admit that really bad over the top TV movies are a guilty pleasure. This one had just the type of plot to serve that purpose, the type of plot that really makes my sarcasm run amok, as I laugh and poke fun at every teary eye and crazy scream fest. This one was just bad and not in a fun way. First of all, only twenty minutes of Cameron Manheim What?. She's the only reason I was even slightly excited about this movie. Seeing her at a podium harkened back to those good ole "The Practice" days. And you, Lifetime, only give me twenty minutes. Shame. Now to the plot. Though it is based on a true story, and I understood by the end why the girls made this pact, I still didn't feel any resolve with the film; Thora Birch, who I usually like, had absolutely no emotion in her face the entire film. It's as if it was botoxed away. Don’t even get me started on the fact that they just "had" to make it so it turned out the Catholic parents didn't actually wait until marriage. Is it so inconceivable that there might be people that actually do wait? I did. My parents did. I know plenty of other girls that did as well. The one thing I liked about this film was the character development with Thora Birch's and Nancy Travis's characters. They were well-rounded characters; there was no good guy or bad guy in this film. I liked that.

Still tho only *1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment