Monday, January 25, 2010

The Informers

Based on the Bret Easton Ellis novel, I was very excited to see this film as I am a huge fan of American Psycho. After seeing this as well as the 1999 film Laws of Attraction, I'm beginning to feel like I'm not so much an Ellis fan as I am a fan of Mary Harmon's (American Psycho) interpretation. This movie was flat out depressing with only one likeable character. The whole point to this film is summed up by the only decent scene in it, with a line in it being "How are you supposed to know what's good and bad if nobody tells you?" This movie takes place in the 80s (which really threw my hubbyy off and got him not to be interested in it anymore) amongst a group of high class people with no morals. I'll never watch it again. Rent American Psycho instead.

1/2 star

1 comment:

  1. A friend of mine posted this comment on my facebook so I'm posting it here:

    "Been a while since I read your posts. I will say one thing: Bless you, child, for hating The Informants as much as I did. Was definitely one of the first movies in a while that I seriously finished and went '....What the hell did I just watch?' I actually started to nod off at one point."

    ReplyDelete