Sunday, November 15, 2009

My One and Only

I rented My One and Only, a small film that is right now both in second run theaters as well as on DVD (something I don't understand. Why do that?) This film, based on the childhood experiences of actor George Hamilton, was exactly what I thought it would be: a beautiful showcase for young actor Logan Lerman and the always on-point Renee Zellweger and a fun slice of life in the 50's. I have two questions though: 1. Why was this not wide released? It would've been a great end of summer release, this being a road trip movie, which would have done a lot better than My Life in Ruins 2. What do I care about George Hamilton? It was a good movie on its own. I'm just surprised anyone deemed to actually make a movie about him. I digress. All in all, the story was good with an interesting premise, his brother was hilarious, the acting was great, and it had some big actors in supporting roles. My only problem was the exact reason my husband stopped watching it. It wasn't funny enough or sad enough to make enough of an impression to make me want to watch it again. It was great for a one watch, but I’m not sure if I'll watch it again.

**1/2 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment