Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wendy & Lucy

I always add the Independent Spirit Award nominees (this film garnered 2) and winners to my list of blockbuster online movies every year. I watched this film last night, and though I thought Michelle Williams was fantastic (her nomination well deserved), I just didn't enjoy it. In this time of economic recession, a film like Wendy & Lucy serves as a nice slice of American life now; however, I just don't wish to be reminded of it. If the film had some type of upturn or Wendy had some kind of plan to turn her life around, then maybe I would have liked it more. There are many sad films that shake me to the core. This was not that kind of movie. It wasn't moving or emotional. It just left me kind of depressed, not moved or shaken, just blah. One star for Michelle Williams’s realistic, subtle performance. Watch it once for that then never watch it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment