Monday, November 3, 2014

IMDB's Guide to Costumes + My Tips on How to Create Them

IMDB Costume Guide


Characters: Joffrey Baratheon

MY Tips: Fancy Robe or Mandarin Collar shirt under tan blazer or Tan mandarine collar jacket, Gold crown (any party store), Navy fabric or scarf or shawl & drape and pin, blonde/white temp hairspray color, white face powder

Titles: Maleficent
Characters: Maleficent

My tips: black coat with a popped collar, Makeup tutorial, make the headpiece with black electrical tape & foam core.


My Tip: Easiest costume ever.


Titles: PilotTransparent

My Tip: Borrow some of your wife's, gf's, mom's clothes & wig it.


Characters: Peter Quill

My Tip: grey tee, jeans, d.red leather jacket, muscles are a bonus



The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 
Katniss Everdeen

My Tip: Check out Project Runway S11 Winner Michele. Her finale collection is Katniss Everdeen. Military jacket, tank, cargo pants, bow/arrow, Mockingjay Pin


Titles: GothamViper
Characters: Fish Mooney

My tips: sexy black top, black fur jacket, purple long nails, red hair chalk for your tips

Character: Chapman

My tips: orange scrubs, white tee, name tag-you can make on the computer & print and put in a laminated card holder with a clip


Titles: Divergent
Characters: Eric

My tip: Besides a motorcycle jacket, this look will need some pearcings (or fake ones w. beads & body glue), fake tattoo like a henna kit, & a razor or hair gel (working your hair into a pompadour)

Characters: Twisty the Clown

My tips: any old cheap clown suit, green hair chalk, makeup tutorial

Titles: Lucy
Characters: Lucy

My tips: white tee, jeans, belt, 2 fake guns, open green scrub top
Characters: Wendell del Tolito

My tips: fake mustache, Tarzan costume

Titles: Chef
Characters: Carl Casper

My tip: white button front shirt, black apron, red bandana


Characters: Daenerys Targaryen

My tip: blue maxi dress, cape, blonde Grecian wig or just braid your hair

Characters: Madame D.Zero

My tip: robe & matching cap, red gloves, red lipstick

Titles: The Purge: Anarchy 
Names: Keith Stanfield 

My tips:plain white mask like a Jason/Michael Myers, black sharpie, Gangster clothing

Titles: The Lego Movie
Characters: BatmanEmmet Brickowoski

My tips: This will take foam core, card board, glossy spray paint, stencils/stickers for if you wanna look like legos. 

Titles: Under the Gunn
Names: Tim Gunn

My tips: snazzy suit, glasses, white hairspray

Titles: Annabelle

My tips: nightgown, pigtails, Makeup tutorial 




No comments:

Post a Comment