Sunday, October 28, 2012

Haunting Movies

It's that time of yr again. Halloween!!! In honor of the movie I did that just wrapped, The Legend of Seven Toe Maggie, this year's list is movies about hauntings. P.S. I'm not including exorcism/possession films cuz I consider that a separate genre.

The Legend of Seven Toe Maggie- teaser trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFTQR5eGDs8
The Cabin in the Woods (2012)Paranormal Activity (2007)
7 Toe Maggie poster
The Shining (1980)Silent Hill (2006)The Ring (2002)
Sleepy Hollow (1999)A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)1408 (2007)       
so the whole town's   dreams are haunted                        1984   
 haunted                        
House on Haunted Hill (1999)Candyman PosterA Tale of Two Sisters Poster
                1999
A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors PosterStay Alive PosterPoltergeist Poster
The Others PosterThe Sixth Sense Poster


Haunting films currently in the theater
Sinister (2012)Paranormal Activity 4 (2012)Silent Hill: Revelation 3D Poster

Haunting TV shows
sAmerican Horror Story PosterGhost Whisperer Poster
Being Human Poster








2 comments:

  1. I'm surprised the original Fright Night wasn't included . I'm also surprised that The Others is included . I thought it was a boring movie that took far too long to set up the "twist" ending !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I consider Fright Night more of a vampire movie than a haunting movie so I consider it a different genre. If I do a vampire list, then it would be a great inclusion. As for The Others being boring, I politely disagree. I found it wonderfully paced, never boring, with some amazing acting. It reminded me of the gothic horror novels I grew up reading. That subgenre isn't for everyone though. Thanks for the comment and for reading. :)

    ReplyDelete